Technical Content Specialist
2i2c manages, supports, and builds community-centric infrastructure for interactive computing in the cloud with partner communities in research and education.
We’re looking for a Technical Content Specialist that will create and curate documentation that supports interactive computing and cloud based open science. It intersects job titles such as “technical writer” and “content creator” while emphasizing previous experience working with open source science and related tools and a desire to share that knowledge.
About the position
- Salary: $75,000 - $85,000
- Location: Fully remote
- Deadline: We will begin reviewing applications around August 2, 2023, and will accept them on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Create documentation for cloud-based interactive computing.
Curate documentation and resources from open source and open science projects.
For more general information about 2i2c, see the links below:
If you’re interested in advancing your career at an impact-driven non-profit that is dedicated to open communities and public knowledge, then read on…
About you… #
Below are several skills that will make somebody well-suited for this role. You should apply even if you do not have all of these skills. We expect any new hires to learn and grow into this role over time. If you aren’t sure whether you have the right skills for this job, you should just apply! This is a fully remote role with a preference for working hours that overlap timezones with the existing team (currently distributed from UTC-7 through UTC+3).
Necessary qualities #
- Demonstrated excellence in communicating complex technical information to learners with a different levels of background and experience
- Demonstrated experience in using open-science tools (e.g. Python or R) in a scientific or scholarly domain
- Willingness to continually learn and share emerging technologies and techniques in the interactive computing and open science ecosystems
Useful qualities #
- Experience with open source workflows, research and educational contexts, and an understanding of the value that cloud-based infrastructure provides
- Experience with the Jupyter ecosystem and other tools for interactive computing
- Experience working with distributed service teams that use asynchronous methods of communication
- Experience collaborating and coordinating work via online platforms and distributed revision control
- Ability to communicate in Spanish, Portuguese, or French
What you’ll do… #
As a Technical Content Specialist, you’ll be responsible for…
- Working as part of the 2i2c Partnerships Team towards Community Success
- Creating documentation (tutorials, how-tos, explainers, and reference materials) that are shared across our communities using cloud-based interactive computing
- Curating documentation resources from open source and open science projects
- Developing training materials for communities such as
- Version control for collaborative cloud-based workflows
- Environment management for hub administrators
- Best practices for analysis-ready cloud optimized data
- Assisting the 2i2c Engineering Team by editing technical documentation and documenting solutions from our support desk
- Authoring content for 2i2c for use in marketing, blog posts, and website copy.
Our benefits and compensation #
We believe it is important for mission-driven non-profits to also provide competitive benefits and compensation packages. See our compensation philosophy page for more information about our compensation and benefits.
How to apply #
2i2c is committed to hiring processes that are inclusive of people with many lived experiences and qualities. We try to structure our hiring process so that it is predictable, doesn’t take too long, and doesn’t take too much effort.
If you’d like to apply for this position, please upload your resume and cover letter using this application form . We will begin reviewing applications after August 2, 2023 and will fill this position on a rolling basis once we find a candidate with the right fit for the job.